Aquarium Fish Nouvelle-Calédonie specialises in the collection and exports of tropical fish for the aquarium trade. Our methods are environmentally friendly, specimens are collected with extreme care and we ensure the highest possible quality. We contribute to showcasing New Caledonia wonderful marine diversity.
Most small coral reef fish are shortlived and highly abundant. Collecting a small portion of those population can be extremely sustainable providing there is no habitat disturbance and no over fishing. We are pleased to collect in varied areas from inshore to offshore to supply the largest possible variety of species to our customers, we minimise our impacts and do everything we can for our dive sites to remain pristine.
- Rotate sites as often as possible and collect only what is needed
- Fish that are too small to be collected or larger fish (good breeders) are left on the reef
- Only small nets are used for the collection creating no impact on habitat or damage on fish.
- Decompression methods are adapted to each fish and results of years of experience
- AFNC contributes to science as often as possible.